Glanbia is delighted to offer a great on site gym to employees.
Managed by our vendor partners Fit For Life* we have an on-site Fitness and Wellbeing Coach who will be in the gym for a number of hours per week to help you with anything to do with fitness and health related issues.
The gym opening hours are going to be 06.00 to 21.00, Monday to Friday
HOW TO JOIN
In order to use this facility you simply have to fill in the online screening questionnaire and attend a 30 minute group Induction Class.
In addition to the equipment we will be providing staff with coaching, progress tracking, tailored exercise, nutrition advice and an on line booking system.
You will also have a Glanbia community portal where you will receive support from our vender partners Fit For Life and other participants. You will be able to access a wide variety of tools to make healthy living easier and more fun.
The gym includes the following equipment:
- 2 x upright bikes
- 2 x spin bikes
- 1 x cross trainer
- 2 x rower
- A set of free weights from 2kg to 24kg
- 2 adjustable benches
- Stretching mats
- Muti functional trainer
- Lat pulldown/ vertical row
- Leg extension/curl machine
- Leg press
- Accessories such as:
- Medicine balls
- Swiss balls,
- Skipping ropes
- Foam rollers
- Plyometric boxes
CLICK HERE to fill in the Health Screening Questionnaire to start the process. Once you have completed this you will be sent an invitation with in 24 hours to set up your account on the Glanbia community portal. You will then be able to book in for your induction session.
If you have any issues accessing the app or need any help please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The gym is supervised by a Fitness and Well-being Coach on the following days:
Wednesday: 07.00-10.00 & 1200-14.30
ONCE OFF PERSONAL TRAINING SESSION
Our assessment procedure includes:
Health history screening, girth measurements, body fat testing, weight & height.
Following the initial assessment, a customized exercise programme will be designed for you. Each programme is designed to meet your particular requirements, desires and goals.
We will demonstrate each exercise and have you perform it yourself so we can make sure you are completing each exercise with the correct technique and weight load.
(Home programmes are also available)
We recommend you refresh your programme every 4 to 5 weeks with us to ensure you are always progressing.
CLICK HERE to search for a time and book a personal training session.
GYM CLASS TIMETABLE
PLEASE NOTE: The classes are held in the gym and the gym equipment will be limited for use during the times of the classes. Please try to schedule your workouts outside the times of the class if you do not wish to take part.
We will need everyone to book in for the gym classes as spaces are limited to 12 people. CLICK HERE to view the timetable and book in for your class.
Below is a description of the classes available.
Monday 17.30 - 18.30 CIRCUIT TRAINING
Circuit training is the ultimate total health and fitness body conditioning class! Combining body weight exercises and resistance training set up in stations. Circuits will help you lose weight, tone up and completely transform your body.
Wednesday 7.30-8.30 BODY CUT
This class is dedicated to pushing your body to the next level. This is a cardio workout with strength conditioning, toning, and muscle development through use of interval training and weights. Body Cut will challenge your muscular endurance as well as balance and coordination by moving through all planes of motion with multi-joint and compound exercises.
Wednesday 13.00- 13.40 HIIT
This class improves heart and lung function, burns calories and vaporises body fat! The workout focus is on high intensity exercise - with work and rest sessions of between 20 & 45 seconds each.
This class uses equipment and body weight to perform exercises that elevate the heart rate and maximise caloric output.
Friday 13.00-13.40 TOTAL BODY CONDITIONING BLAST
This class includes a great mix of upper, lower & middle body segments, interval led with powerful non choreographed cardio cycles of skipping, circuits, and plyometrics. Blast away boredom with this high-energy workout that builds & sculpts muscle as well as improves strength & endurance.
CLICK HERE to get to the online timetable to book your class!
HEALTH, WELL-BEING & AVOIDING INJURY
Glanbia or Fit For Life shall not be liable to any person for any damage or injury however caused arising from the presence in or use of the gymnasium.
If you are unsure of your medical wellbeing, or if you have a recent injury, please consult your Doctor before using this facility.
If you feel breathless or dizzy, stop using the equipment immediately.
In the case of an accident or problem with the machinery, please contact the Gym Manager at email@example.com
Medical questions should be directed to any first aider listed by the telephone. In the event of an accident you must complete an ACCIDENT REPORT FORM and submit this to Facilities.
GLANBIA WATERSIDE GYM RULES
1. The Gym is for employees only
2. Employees must receive an induction and signed the consent/disclaimer form before being given full
access the gym (by Fob)
3. Temporary access can be given upon signing the consent form available from the receptionist/PA.
4. Each gym user must use their own fob when entering and leaving the gym.
5. In case of any dispute management decision is final!
Glanbia Waterside Gym Courtesies
1. Each individual must use their own Fob to access and exit the gym. Fob access is given once
induction process is complete.
2. Proper gym attire must be worn at all times (T shirt, Track bottoms, shorts and runners)
3. Participants must provide their own towels. Towel to be carried at all times while in the gym.
4. Users must wipe down equipment with sanitary wipes provided after use.
5. When a Gym user leaves the gym he /she should normally take their gym bag with them.
On no account can gym bags be left in the gym over-night.
6. Food & Drink are not allowed in the gym (except drinks in leak proof containers) and water
7. Please re-rack weights and put equipment back in its correct position.
8. Weights are not allowed to be dropped on the floor-please lower slowly to the ground.
9. Showers and locker areas should be left spotlessly clean. (as you would wish to find them)
10. Talking on mobile phones is not permitted in the gym area.
11. For your information a Defibulator is kept on the 1st floor landing of Waterside. There is also a panic
button to use in emergency located near the FOB unit at the gym exit door.
The provision of the gym (and any relevant charges) is a discretionary benefit and the Company will review this annually.